A few nice Radiateds

Alexio

Location (City and/or State)
Syracuse, New York
Love the color on the first one and the pattern on the second. The 4 little ones are just amazing too. Were any of the 4 little ones related to the bigger ones?

gaveau yohann

Guadeloupe
My dream is to have beauties like yours... one day surely. French regulation is so tough but I working on it. Congrats.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
I often can't sort out if others' radiated that are wide banded but washed out color, or if that washed out is an artifact of lighting and camera only.

I see in most of these the very edge of some bands have that washed out color, but the main or older part of the bands have a rich yellow color to them. They look great.

Do you have some idea about what is happening to intensify the color as they age?

Sterant

5 Year Member
Albany, NY
The new growth - right at the scute boundaries, is generally much lighter in color - usually near white, and that darkens and yellows over time. I have noticed that the older growth yellows and darkens much quicker outside in the real sunlight (tanning) as compared to indoor UVB lighting. If they are raised inside, the whiteness of the banding seems to persist longer.

This tortoise (a friends) is 5 years old and raised predominantly indoors under UVB lighting.
205157-a8800df300e6eaf50b496d37997bcb58.jpg

Attachments

• white.jpg
    white.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 75
Last edited: