A couple issues

beanbun01

Location (City and/or State)
AZ
A private breeder in Phoenix. All his tortoises seemed very well cared for. So is this super serious? I have a vet appointment for Thursday morning. Will a vet appointment and some antibiotics cure this or can this be very serious?

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Can't say.
It may be nothing at all, or it may be more serious.
It's not a bad idea to get a new tort a check up anyway.
I'm hopeful it's just a mild RI, which may be cured just by upping the temps, but it's good to get it checked for sure.
Oral antibiotics seem safer, in my opinion, and don't let the vet give it vitamin A injections..

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Hi. I am sorry your little sulcata is sick. It will be worthwhile to get him to that good reptile vet, I am sure you want to do everything in your power to help him recover! We all wish you good luck with this, and you know you are not alone as we are all here watching and wishing him well!

Bee62

Germany
A private breeder in Phoenix. All his tortoises seemed very well cared for. So is this super serious? I have a vet appointment for Thursday morning. Will a vet appointment and some antibiotics cure this or can this be very serious?

Can`t say too if it is serious with your tort, but I hope that you visit a VET that is familiar with reptiles.
If he is, ask if he could give your tort a feeding tube. With this tube you can give your tort drugs and food because I think the tort will not be interested in food while he is sick.

beanbun01

AZ
OK, Later in the morning he actually seemed to perk about just a bit which maid me real happy. I also havent seen any snot bubbles today but still seems a bit sluggish, wont eat and the weird little noises. Hopefully Vet appointment goes well and Ill update him when new info arrives. Thank you all!

Bee62

Germany
OK, Later in the morning he actually seemed to perk about just a bit which maid me real happy. I also havent seen any snot bubbles today but still seems a bit sluggish, wont eat and the weird little noises. Hopefully Vet appointment goes well and Ill update him when new info arrives. Thank you all!

My fingers are crossed for your little tort. Good luck.

beanbun01

AZ
So I went to the vet today. Not a RI and he said he looks like a healthy tort and was raise very well. He said he has a runny nose but inside his mouth and what not looks good and healthy. Caused by low temps. Same with feeding issue and his activity being low. He told me to change a couple things and give him like a buffet type food. Try lots of things so he has choices since he wont eat. He also said try fruit, obviously its not healthy to feed to much but he said they love fruit so were just trying to get him to eat something. He said in the next 3-4 days should be good to go.:) I actually saw him eat piece of strawberry today so hopefully he'll start eating the greens! Hes been acting better and havent seen him extend his neck for air since like tuesday and the bubbles are way less often.