A CHALLENGE (for the best picture)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydog6644

5 Year Member
I love looking around the sight and seeing everybody's pictures of there tortoises, and now ive created a challenge. post your best pic of your tortoise(2 max) and your best pic of your enclosure (2 max)... and at the end 2 weeks (January 22). i will pic a winner of both of the category's! LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Box Turtle Habitat:
3toedpen.jpg

65lb Manouria emys phayrei:
Y-Medea-2.jpg

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I've tossed this one around several times, but it the best picture I have ever taken:

004-3.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
So love the pics so far. Now, it's hard for me to post pics because I'm on an iPad and well, I am not to knowledgable about it LOL. So, are we going to win something for all this effort or is this just for fun:p:D Just kidding. Okay, I'm not kidding about the iPad stuff, just the effort and prized:D I'm liking your idea though, good job.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I couldn't have planed this if I tried. Beasty Boy thinks he's my dog.

RedfootsRule

5 Year Member
Miami, Florida
I don't have a picture to contribute (yet) but Yvonne, is it just the picture or is the beak on that phayrei DISGUSTINGLY overgrown? In the picture there looks like a bird bill practically....

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
RedfootsRule said:
I don't have a picture to contribute (yet) but Yvonne, is it just the picture or is the beak on that phayrei DISGUSTINGLY overgrown? In the picture there looks like a bird bill practically....

In that picture yes it is overgrown. If you happened to have followed threads Yvonne has on this fellow, you would know it has to have a beak trim I believe it's once a year (I may not be correct on how often it is that trimming is done).

bookwurm1982

5 Year Member
My baby sulcata, Sheliford :)

Attachments

• 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 379
  • xmas vaca 2012 442.JPG
    xmas vaca 2012 442.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 320

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Jacqui said:
RedfootsRule said:

In that picture yes it is overgrown. If you happened to have followed threads Yvonne has on this fellow, you would know it has to have a beak trim I believe it's once a year (I may not be correct on how often it is that trimming is done).

Peter here is a thread she did about it.

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-50894.html?highlight=beak+trimming

RedfootsRule

5 Year Member
Miami, Florida
Oh, thanks Jacqui. Not doubting here experience here at all, I was just wondering if there was some sort of problem with that fellow...With that beak, I don't even see how he could have eaten :(. But maybe I'm thinking its more extreme then it is.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Well it was one of the runners up. It was hard to choose just one. Eapecially with as many that I have.

RedfootsRule

5 Year Member
Miami, Florida
Kelly,
What is the species depicted there? I can't tell just by the heads :). The hatchling looks like manouria?...

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Nice one ed. Peter those adult manouria emys emys and a kinixys spekki from mozambique eastern africa.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
bookwurm1982 said:
My baby sulcata, Sheliford :)

The first pic sososososo cute. Nice enclosure/humidity too:)

bigred said:
Here is a CLASSIC pic of BIGRED laying an egg into a spoon

I bet your good at the egg and spoon relay game:p :D that's a great pic. But the poor little thing dug her nice little nesting hole and you robbed her of using it:p :)

RedfootsRule

5 Year Member
Miami, Florida
tortadise said:
Nice one ed. Peter those adult manouria emys emys and a kinixys spekki from mozambique eastern africa.

Thats a kinixys?....I guess if I could've seen the back of it...It has the face now that I look at it, but the over-all appearance seemed to...flattened?...Odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.