Kristoff

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ottawa, Ontario
Here are the other folks at home.

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1473429027.858965.jpg
Cesur, male, currently 8 years old

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1473429178.809136.jpg
Dost, male, age unknown + my preschooler:) Dost is a street dog that adopted us and several of our neighbors

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1473429272.863862.jpg
Again my preschooler and a scarce swallotail. The butterfly doesn't live with us but has returned to lay her eggs on my parsley:D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Your daughter is so cute! Love the last picture.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Great pics. Glad you guys take care of the dog. Your daughter and the butterfly is a really cool pic. She is a cutie with a great smile.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Tomorrow afternoon, our, "big city" of Portland, Oregon will be conducting a "Strut your Mutt" parade which will end at one of our "dog friendly" parks. Typical, dog friendly means no children equipment for kids to play on. The #1 rule for these, "doggie parks" is that you clean up after your dog when they are finished with their business. The city supplies bags and "labels on cans that say, no garbage dog waste only." These parks are good for dog socializing and exercise they may not get at home.
I won't be able to have Ava in the Mutt parade because the pretty girl is a purebred Doberman, not a mix. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1473496217.794639.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1473496287.420942.jpg she was raised by cats so our cats groom and love on her, and she loves them for doing so…ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1473496471.144439.jpg and she can always find heat…ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1473496523.983805.jpg

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Tomorrow afternoon, our, "big city" of Portland, Oregon will be conducting a "Strut your Mutt" parade which will end at one of our "dog friendly" parks. Typical, dog friendly means no children equipment for kids to play on. The #1 rule for these, "doggie parks" is that you clean up after your dog when they are finished with their business. The city supplies bags and "labels on cans that say, no garbage dog waste only." These parks are good for dog socializing and exercise they may not get at home.
I won't be able to have Ava in the Mutt parade because the pretty girl is a purebred Doberman, not a mix. View attachment 186386View attachment 186387 she was raised by cats so our cats groom and love on her, and she loves them for doing so…View attachment 186388 and she can always find heat…View attachment 186389
Ava is beautiful! And she's so lucky to get all the cat love she may or may not want :D

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Thank you, @Pearly! Maxi is gorgeous. What breed?
Maine Coon (pure, with papers) some spoiled brats bought him as a small kitten for 850$ (he can go to shows but can't breed or whatever) and after few months realized that "there is white hair all over"... Duh!!!! I've been dealing with animal hair my entire life, to me it's worth it so I paid them 75$ rehoming fee and brought my baby boy home at 1 yr of age. He follows my like a dog! I never get any privacy bcs od my 3 young kids, not even in the bathroom bcs Maxi follows me there:)

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Maine Coon (pure, with papers) some spoiled brats bought him as a small kitten for 850$ (he can go to shows but can't breed or whatever) and after few months realized that "there is white hair all over"... Duh!!!! I've been dealing with animal hair my entire life, to me it's worth it so I paid them 75$ rehoming fee and brought my baby boy home at 1 yr of age. He follows my like a dog! I never get any privacy bcs od my 3 young kids, not even in the bathroom bcs Maxi follows me there:)
What? A Maine Coon sheds?! Who could've predicted that...ROFL

I've always wanted a big boy like that!

We got Cesur when a woman found him as a tiny baby in the street and posted his picture to try to find him a home. You see, he was so...ugly:D that we thought if we don't adopt him, nobody else would. :D (He turned into a beautiful cat later on, different story - and, yes, there's cat fur all over the place. Always part of the deal, right?) ;) :D

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
What? A Maine Coon sheds?! Who could've predicted that...ROFL

I've always wanted a big boy like that!

We got Cesur when a woman found him as a tiny baby in the street and posted his picture to try to find him a home. You see, he was so...ugly:D that we thought if we don't adopt him, nobody else would. :D (He turned into a beautiful cat later on, different story - and, yes, there's cat fur all over the place. Always part of the deal, right?) ;) :D
Haha! Right?! Your babies feline and human are gorgeous!!!!ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1473613125.307923.jpg here is Toffi, my old lady tortoiseshell kitty girl. Also a rescue. Found her as homeless scared little kitten, fed her and... She never left, no one claimed her so after few months we took her in for the shots and to get her spayed and she became an indoor kitty