A beautiful Spring day right smack in the middle of Winter!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Look what I found:

russian 02-25-15.jpg

I opened the CDT's door a couple days ago, but today is the first I've seen anyone out:

desert tortoise 02-25-15 a.jpg

If you look in the pond area just behind the 4x4 post above the back of the Aldab, you can see the head and neck of the Phrynops hillari. After I snapped the shot and moved closer, she jumped into the water:

phrynops hillari 02-25-15.jpg

Pond turtle just below the surface:

pond turtle 02-25-15.jpg

Magnolia:

magnolia.jpg

the male gulf coast is coated with mud and it makes his pretty red eyes just POP:

gulf coast male 02-25-15.jpg

Bo and So, with So on the left:

Aldabran tortoises 02-25-15.jpg

Now Bo is on the left:

Aldabran tortoises 02-25-15 b.jpg

The SA female:

SA leopard female 02-25-15.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It's snowng here:(. Your pics give me hope though, one day fairly soon we will be looking at green grass, flowers and tortoises grazing outside.
Btw, I don't remember, do you know the sex of both So and Bo. I remember male for both, but don't remember if that is confirmed.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It's snowng here:(. Your pics give me hope though, one day fairly soon we will be looking at green grass, flowers and tortoises grazing outside.
Btw, I don't remember, do you know the sex of both So and Bo. I remember male for both, but don't remember if that is confirmed.

Both male.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
I love to see you sharing your enclosure and your torts. Feels like family to me ! ! ! !:)

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Wow that looks good Yvonne. I'm confused:confused:, I thought you had yellow foots and leopards. How many torts do you have and how many different species in your collection?
Its no wonder we could see Bo and So the other day on your google map snap shot. I thought they were big yellow. drrrrr they are Aldabra. :D

Donna/Turbo

Banner Elk, NC
How old is Bo and So? I have no idea how fast my Sulcata will grow. Need to know what to expect in the future.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Wow that looks good Yvonne. I'm confused:confused:, I thought you had yellow foots and leopards. How many torts do you have and how many different species in your collection?
Its no wonder we could see Bo and So the other day on your google map snap shot. I thought they were big yellow. drrrrr they are Aldabra. :D

I have fifteen different species of turtle and tortoise, adding up to about 100 animals. It varies and I really never know how many because I take in a lot of 3-toe box turtles and I put them in with my colony, then I adopt them out, so they come and go.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
How old is Bo and So? I have no idea how fast my Sulcata will grow. Need to know what to expect in the future.

Well, Bo and So are 15 years old and weigh over 200lbs, but they're not Sulcatas. My sulcata is about 25 years old and he weighs about 110lbs.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Aldabran tortoises. Their species comes from the Seychelle Islands in the Indian Ocean.

Prairie Mom

SUCH WONDERFUL PHOTOS, YVONNE! Just beautiful! I love it when you share.

Whew, I feel a little cabin fever after looking at those gorgeous pics. I'm going to go and stand under some grow lights for a few minutes :p