6' x 27" tortoise table?

swatsx

5 Year Member
So wife isn't too happy with the current living conditions my new russian tortoises are in she thinks it's big and ugly (6'x3' wood box) would the male and female Russians go crazy in my 220 gallon fish tank? I know I have to cover the glass so they can't see out but would it be ok with the 8 or so inch loss in width? I have a small fan to keep air flow and it will keep humid better what are your ideas? Also I'll post pics tomorrow

lismar79

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio USA
Russians need a lot of room and two together in a small area will likely end with one seriously hurt by the other. This is not a species that likes company.

swatsx

5 Year Member
Yea I know they need big room to roam but for now I'm going to have to do my 220 these guys need some tlc the substrate was dust dry (coco coir and cypress mulch) when I say dust dry I mean move it and it floats away not an oz of water dry, no uvb light on these guys, plus not the best diet so my plan is to put them in my 220 with proper temps and humidity then the summer while they are outside I'll build a larger table for them for winter months