4 year old Leopard, Levi!

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
This guy just cracks me up. He's very outgoing now that he's older. He'll chase you around the yard, eats from the hand, rams your feet and harasses any maintenance man that comes by to do work.
He's a hoot and everyone just loves him! :cool:

0604161055b.jpg

We moved by the way. No longer on acreage in the country, we are back in town and the Bluetooth tile has been removed. ;)
Levi gets the whole backyard apart from the human vegetable garden.

Here's just a part of the yard...
0603161948b.jpg

His heated house.. (still love my CTTC sign @N2TORTS)
0603161949.jpg

And of course, the curious George himself...lol
0607161727d.jpg

0607161727e.jpg

0607161729.jpg

As you can tell, the yard is full of weeds..But because I have a tortoise, it works! Besides, I have a front yard that I can manicure :rolleyes:

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
This guy just cracks me up. He's very outgoing now that he's older. He'll chase you around the yard, eats from the hand, rams your feet and harasses any maintenance man that comes by to do work.
He's a hoot and everyone just loves him! :cool:

View attachment 176696

We moved by the way. No longer on acreage in the country, we are back in town and the Bluetooth tile has been removed. ;)
Levi gets the whole backyard apart from the human vegetable garden.

Here's just a part of the yard...
View attachment 176697

His heated house.. (still love my CTTC sign @N2TORTS)
View attachment 176698

And of course, the curious George himself...lol
View attachment 176699

View attachment 176700

View attachment 176701

As you can tell, the yard is full of weeds..But because I have a tortoise, it works! Besides, I have a front yard that I can manicure :rolleyes:
He's gorgeous. Love the carapace pattern. One happy bright eyed tort.
I've estimated your yard size, and I think he's ok with 3 girlfriends. ;):D

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
He looks great. Tatum is the same way. You can't get any work done if he can get to you. He gets right in the middle of things. I guess he thinks he's the supervisor. Just not afraid are they. Even having a girlfriend hasn't changed him at all. Incase you were considering one for Levi;)

GingerLove

5 Year Member
Beautiful tortoise!! How big will he grow to be, or is he already as large as he will be? I love the little "house" he has, it looks very classy! :)

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
I had many leopards, remember? But when I moved out of SoCal and up to Southern Oregon, I rehomed all but Levi. I can handle keeping the1 warm up here....not interested in trying to do that with multiples. ;)

How big will he grow to be, or is he already as large as he will be?

I love the little "house" he has, it looks very classy! :)

Levi turned 4 in April. He's 12"long and a little over 7lbs. I don't think he's done growing. I'm hoping for at least 4 more inches.

His house is fully insulated and heated with an oil filled radiator on a thermostat. It's a mini copy cat of Tom's design. It's very cost effective and efficient. :tort: :)

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
At what temps do you bring him in? I'm up in Eugene and ready to build night boxes for the reds.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
At what temps do you bring him in? I'm up in Eugene and ready to build night boxes for the reds.

I don't. He lives outside all year long, the last 2 of which were here in the Medford area.

Our weather here isn't as cold/rainy as it is further North.
He has his house set 80°F all year long (sometimes I set it warmer during the winter) and sleeps in it every night. Even on cold days he will come out to graze. Sometimes, during the winter I'll bring him in for a warm soak and occasionally give him "breakfast in bed" by placing a pile of greens on his vinyl flooring inside his house. But it has been working great for us. I do not miss having torts in the house ;)

Someday I'd like to have a larger heated house connected to a green house connected to a tort yard. That's what I recommend you look into. :cool:

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
Team Gomberg described it perfectly we're both around medford and the weather isn't anything like the rest of oregon.

i bet he's loving the heat spell huh?

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I know Medford is a bit warmer and more dry, I was just trying to get an idea of time spent where. Right now I have a pile of tortoises inside at night because it hasn't been warm enough and I can't wait to get them outside. The night boxes and green house are a work in progress.

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
I know Medford is a bit warmer and more dry, I was just trying to get an idea of time spent where. Right now I have a pile of tortoises inside at night because it hasn't been warm enough and I can't wait to get them outside. The night boxes and green house are a work in progress.

yeah i don't think even with how much warmer it is that without a night box i'd leave them outside the nightime temps here are tonight 53 tomorrow 49 and friday 44 so its still pretty chilly at night here

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You are the movein-est family I ever knew. Have you alighted now for a while?

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Michigan
His house is fully insulated and heated with an oil filled radiator on a thermostat. It's a mini copy cat of Tom's design. It's very cost effective and efficient. :tort: :)
I have an engineer fiance so I dig the cost effective and efficient designs. ;) Very cute house! And Levi has such beautiful eyes! :)
Someday I'd like to have a larger heated house connected to a green house connected to a tort yard. That's what I recommend you look into. :cool:
Can't say I wouldn't love to have this too!! :rolleyes: