2014 Tortoise Calendar Contest Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Redlands, CA
Please make sure you re-read the rules to make sure your photo wasn't disqualified before resending it.
It seems like more than a few people had some trouble attaching a 5 megapixel image. If you emailed us a link, that will not do. If you emailed us a 100KB image, that will not do. If your photo is a compressed and re-sized Facebook photo, that will probably not do. If your photo was obviously altered by something like Photoshop, that will not do. Two people sent their photos after 11:59PM PST on the 15th - your entries will not be submitted.
If you were careful about following ALL the rules, and you still do not see your photo listed here, send it again. Send it as an attachment and make sure the file size is relatively large. A 5 megapixel photo should be about 2580 by 2048 and nearing at least 1MB in size.
We have to be very strict about these guidelines because of the way calendars are printed. We want to have a nice beautiful calendar for you all.

Now during this 24 hour grace period, IF your picture can meet these guidlines, please resubmit them. For instance, if you sent a picture from your Photobucket acct (which is too small), but you have it stored else where on your laptop at the large enough size, resubmit it please. We hate to not have all your beautiful pictures not making the contest.

DaisyDuke

10 Year Member!
I have a question. Is there a way to find out why my photo isn't in here because my photo met all the guidelines and I sent it in at around 11:30 PST?

shanu303

5 Year Member
India
sorry for my previous post ... i can see mine photo now..... really sorry for that panic.... sorry mods :) i overreacted .....

Really great pics :)

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
These are really great pics!!!!! Can't wait for the contest to begin.:)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
DaisyDuke said:
I have a question. Is there a way to find out why my photo isn't in here because my photo met all the guidelines and I sent it in at around 11:30 PST?

Double check all the guidelines and resubmit it now.

DaisyDuke

10 Year Member!
wellington said:
DaisyDuke said:

Double check all the guidelines and resubmit it now.

Thank you. I double checked them, I still don't know what happened but I just resubmitted it :)

AnnV

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
SWFL
I wonder how that 5 megapixels thing works (sorry photography illiterate). I have some fabulous clear shots that seem to be able to take being blown up while staying clear, but didn't meet the requirements. The one I sent tends to blur as it is enlarged, but it was well within the measurements.
Maybe enlargement isnt the same thing as zooming in or cropping. :-/

Sh3wulf

5 Year Member
Thanks admins! What a great group of photos! Going to be a challenge, all the beautiful torts deserve a page lol

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Question...i submitted mine yesterday. It is not there..can you tell me what it is that i have done wrong???
I think i got .....thank goodness...kim will be happy now..at least i hope it makes it...

Kirin

5 Year Member
Chino, CA
I sent mine last night, not sure what happened. I was having
difficulties so don't know.

ShellyTurtlesCats

5 Year Member
Mesa
Mine didn't make it. I figured it wouldn't work but all I had was the smaller version as my box that has all my pictures quit working and has to be taken in to retrieve everything from it.

Oh well.

_________
~ Shelly ~

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
mainey34 said:
Question...i submitted mine yesterday. It is not there..can you tell me what it is that i have done wrong???
I think i got .....thank goodness...kim will be happy now..at least i hope it makes it...

When will we find out if the ones we resubmitted made it or not? Will we see them on this page or do we wait till tomorrow?

ShellyTurtlesCats

5 Year Member
Mesa
I resent mine from my computer. I had previously sent mine from my cell which likely altered/distorted it.

_________
~ Shelly ~

herbortamus

5 Year Member
Florida
October 17th please get here now so I can vote for that one with the "Godzilla" tortoise!!

mainey34 said:
mainey34 said:

When will we find out if the ones we resubmitted made it or not? Will we see them on this page or do we wait till tomorrow?

From the rules page:
Entries should be submitted until Tuesday, October 15, 2013 @ 11:59PM PST after which the voting will begin. Photos will be displayed on October 16, 2013 for you to be sure your entry is showing. Voting will run from Thursday, October 17- Thursday the 24th.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
herbortamus said:
October 17th please get here now so I can vote for that one with the "Godzilla" tortoise!!

mainey34 said:
mainey34 said:

From the rules page:
Entries should be submitted until Tuesday, October 15, 2013 @ 11:59PM PST after which the voting will begin. Photos will be displayed on October 16, 2013 for you to be sure your entry is showing. Voting will run from Thursday, October 17- Thursday the 24th.

That Didnt give an answer..and thank you for giving the rest of us a chance...

Robbie Denby

10 Year Member!
Nottingham
Will the photos on here be added in better quality once the fill entries are avaliable? I can see mine but it looks really bad because the quality is low :(

Status
Not open for further replies.