1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!
  2. Hey Guest! Pre-order your 2015 Tortoise Calendar TODAY! Proceeds go to keeping TFO online and FREE for everyone! Thanks for your love and support!

2 leopard tortoises for adoption

Discussion in 'Sold' started by twtraudio, Jul 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twtraudio

twtraudio New Member

I have to give up my 2 leopards and hate to do so. I lost my job and have to move back home where there is only room for my burmese mountain tortoise. So i will be giving up my 2 leopard tortoises one is 2 yrs old 7.5 inches and the other 1.5 yrs old 5.25 inches. They come with everything possible. All lights and cages (cages are big). Will give more info to potential adopter.[/u]

I am looking for someone in the chicago land region as I will not ship these beauties. So if you guys know of anyone or are someone that would like them let me know. You must have experience with tortoises please ! I am not asking any money. I just want them to go to a good home (not a breeder or reptiles sales store). So please good references only and thankyou.
  2. Yvonne G

Yvonne G Old Timer Staff Member

Media:
    Albums:
    (These ads do not appear for registered members.)
    That's too bad (that you've lost your job and especially that you have to give up your tortoises!!). Sorry that has happened to you.

Yvonne
  3. Meg90

Meg90 Active Member

I am sorry....do you have pictures? Also, if you meant Chicago IL, you could also post this on wireptiles.com/forums. Its a WI based forum, all reptiles all the time. You might be able to find someone willing to drive, that has the right experience.
  4. turtlemom

turtlemom New Member

Would you be interested in having someone 'foster' them until you get back on your feet? We might be interested in that. We have plenty of inside and outside space and currently have three greeks but we don't know anything about leopards. Do they hibernate? Eastern Colorado to Chicago would be a road trip but maybe you could meet us somewhere in between. How big are your enclosures? SUV or trailer size?! :)

Maybe an option . . .

Donna
  5. twtraudio

twtraudio New Member

I really want to find them a permanent home. And i have moved 3 times in this past year and they get so stressed everytime i really wouldnt want to put them through that kind of a drive. I must say though thankyou for the offer and leopards are lil harder to take care of than greeks (nothing you cant learn though).

Yes it is Chicago, IL and i do have pics i will have to post.

6. twtraudio

twtraudio New Member

Adopted ! Through a trusted member from my very own chicago herptalogical society !
  7. tortoisenerd

tortoisenerd New Member

Congrats on the adoption and sorry to hear you are going through a tough time.
  8. twtraudio

twtraudio New Member

Thankyou and well thats just how it is right now so. As long as you have determination and a strong anyone can get through these tough times. I hate to give my leopards away but its better for them right now and thats all i care about. I still have my fiancee' , my dog , my burmese mountain tort and my health so although i wont have my leopards i still have alot to be thankful for ! ( oh and the supportive members here)

9. bettinge

bettinge Member

You have a big heart to give these torts away rather than sell them in your difficult period! That truly shows you want to best for them. I admire you for that. Good luck getting back on your feet. You are right, you have a lot to be thankful for!
  10. alanbormann

alanbormann New Member

I live in the chicago area and I am sorry about your hard times. I would be interested in the leopard tortoises. I have 3 sulcates and 1 leopard tortoise right now. thanks
  11. Crazy1

Crazy1 New Member

These have already been adopted :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.