Status
Not open for further replies.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
Hey guys, Yvonne and I are regretfully deciding that she is no match for multi-hundred pound shells of stubbornness.

The two animals available have been featured in many TFO threads. Neither represent wildtype phenotype. The larger male at about 36 inches straight line carapace is fully mobile, somewhat pyramided and a real pain in the A$$. The other male is at 31 inches straight line carapace in length. He has some mobility issues in that he grew in weight faster than his leg muscular skeletal structure kept up with. Less a pain in the a$$. Both will run you down for a strawberry, they like long soaks in a mud wallow and will put themselves to bed in their nighthouse at least 99% of the time. Both were last weighed several years ago, and peaked 190 pounds then. Fare estimate on weight now is greater than 250 pounds each. The larger male is likely able to breed, the smaller guy is a pet.

They came from Fred's Pets near New York city in 2000 at about 50 grams each. Said to have been captive bred in Czechoslovakia, they were likely laundered there (CITES doc creation capitial of Europe) but came from Zanzibar?

$15,000 for both, not one or the other, both. Sorta like "buy one get one", price, check the other sources, you'll see. Reasonable counter offers will be considered. This is from Clovis CA, transport is at your discretion and management. Reasonable accommodation will be made for timing of transport.

Reach out to both Yvonne or myself for any questions. If I have misstated something here we can all bet Yvonne will rush to make right with the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.