1,000,000 Posts!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepsiandjac

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Swansea UK
I really can't name 1 person,when i first came on here i had just bought 2 torts and didn;t have a clue,i didn't even know they were reptiles.
I know i asked some stupid questions but not once was I made to feel stupid,If it wasn't for this forum my torts would never have survived,I thank you all for haveing patience with a daft old woman .okay if i gotta pick 1 person i pick @russian/sulcata/tortoise for making me laugh

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
What a joy it is reading all the love in this thread. You people rock!

We're 19 posts away.

russian/sulcata/tortoise

5 Year Member
Northern California, bay area
I really can't name 1 person,when i first came on here i had just bought 2 torts and didn;t have a clue,i didn't even know they were reptiles.
I know i asked some stupid questions but not once was I made to feel stupid,If it wasn't for this forum my torts would never have survived,I thank you all for haveing patience with a daft old woman .okay if i gotta pick 1 person i pick @russian/sulcata/tortoise for making me laugh
thank you!

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
19 post away lets see what we can do about that! Come- on guys and beautiful ladies post away! Don't make me talk to myself for 17 post .

keepergale

5 Year Member
san diego
I would like to thank Josh in particular and everyone in general for solving my problem of what to do with all my free time. Now I spend hours a day right here reading TFO posts. Now I keep my wife up a bedtime with the glow of my cell phone as I read posts here. Thanks everyone:)

immayo

5 Year Member
Mesa, AZ
Thank you @N2TORTS for introducing me to hypo redfoots and making me spend all my money! Haha No but in all seriousness I am so blessed to have my little herd. They make me happy everyday! :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Are we there yet? I haven't been keeping up as much as normal. I agree with Josh, this forums members are great people.

Michael Twohy

5 Year Member
Roseville, Minnesota
Very soon we will hit 1 MILLION posts.
What an exciting milestone! To think this little website I started 7.5 years ago would be supported by such a wonderful community... I am honored and humbled to be a part of the wonderful things we have done for tortoises everywhere.
THANK YOU ALL for making this website the great thing that it is. Thank you for being kind to each other, for being willing to lend a helping hand. Thank you for answering the same questions ("why's my tortoise's poo white?!") for every new person that finds themselves on our doorstep. Your patience and love and compassion is what binds us all together.
Thank you to our moderators for keeping me sane and holding me accountable. Without their help, I would've surely drowned in spam reports by now :)

To celebrate this monumental milestone, I will be offering a $100 gift card (from one of our sponsors, I haven't chosen which yet) to one randomly-selected member that posts in this thread thanking another member for something they've done for you - big or small, old or new. (Remember to use "@their_member_name" to tag them!) (One entry per member.)

Now, ONWARD AND UPWARD -- TO THE NEXT MILLION TORTOISE POSTS!
i would definitely thank tom, yellow turtle01 and Yvonne g, they help so many people including me :) id also thank all the other random people that have helped answer my questions, from health to enclosure related questions. I don't know what id do without this website!

Randi

Canada
I would like to make my post a thank you to all that have helped me or given any advice. I'm so happy that a place like this exists - my tortoise would of sufficed but she is now thriving and doing excellent - a lot of that is due to this site and the people who passionately guide others. You are all very understanding and caring. Again, this is a big thank you for this site! I think everyone on here has something to contribute to it. Thanks for keeping us well informed as well as inspiring us to do better for ours. :<3::):tort:

Tactical Tort

5 Year Member
Northern CA
There are so many people I'd LOVE to thank but I'm supposed to thank one.......
I guess I'd pick @Tom (not sure what the @ is for. Lol! Hope I did it right)
The previous advice I got prior to bringing my boy home led him to problems at only months old.
Since coming here and reading Toms posts my boy hasn't been sick or constipated another day.
Thanks to his humid living conditions he's only got minor pyramiding from his dry start and has grown like a weed. He's much healthier/smoother/larger than his clutch mates.
I've been able to bring people to the forum locally who had zero actual knowledge about the health and care of torts. People who have been in torts for years. They read Tom's posts and make successful changes that benefit the lives and health of their many torts.
Yvonne you are always a happy blessing here on the forum. :)
Josh, thank you for starting/running such a wonderful forum.
Also many thanks to the Mods and Admins. As one on other forums I know how much time and energy it takes and I appreciate it. This forum runs smoothly because of you. I know sometimes there is lack of appreciation but deep down most all of us always do appreciate the time you put in. :)
Thank you to all the wonderful members here. Especially those who keep things light and funny ;). You know who you are :D I come to this forum first after a hard day and always "walk away" smiling. :)

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
There are so many people I'd LOVE to thank but I'm supposed to thank one.......
I guess I'd pick @Tom (not sure what the @ is for. Lol! Hope I did it right)
The previous advice I got prior to bringing my boy home led him to problems at only months old.
Since coming here and reading Toms posts my boy hasn't been sick or constipated another day.
Thanks to his humid living conditions he's only got minor pyramiding from his dry start and has grown like a weed. He's much healthier/smoother/larger than his clutch mates.
I've been able to bring people to the forum locally who had zero actual knowledge about the health and care of torts. People who have been in torts for years. They read Tom's posts and make successful changes that benefit the lives and health of their many torts.
Yvonne you are always a happy blessing here on the forum. :)
Josh, thank you for starting/running such a wonderful forum.
Also many thanks to the Mods and Admins. As one on other forums I know how much time and energy it takes and I appreciate it. This forum runs smoothly because of you. I know sometimes there is lack of appreciation but deep down most all of us always do appreciate the time you put in. :)
Thank you to all the wonderful members here. Especially those who keep things light and funny ;). You know who you are :D I come to this forum first after a hard day and always "walk away" smiling. :)
Putting the @ before someone's name alerts them that you've tagged them in a post so they can read it first without waiting for them to hopefully stumble in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.