Tanks enclosure, cleaned and planted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Illinois
I worked all morning cleaning and transplanting and spreading seeds. I planted dozens of plantains and violets. I also spread tortoise grazing seed, pansy and mustard green seed. Hopefully in a few weeks when the weather is nice enough Tank can feast.

I am also planning to build Lana a bigger enclosure this summer. I am trying to decide on either railroad ties or block. I want it to look nice since it will be there long term. I was thinking of putting in a ground level bubbler fountain. What do you guys think of that?

I will post pics when things start growing :tort:

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Figured I would check and see if anything has started to grow in Tanks enclosure yet?

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
Oh yes, I even had to cut some things back today. I will be building Tank and Lana a new enclosure this summer when I find the time and Tanks old one will become my Leopards that I am getting from Tom on the 14th of June :) :) I need to post some new pics and as soon as I get time I will.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
You can't just post all that and then not put up any pics! Its just not right!

I like the look of slumpstone blocks. You can even get "caps" for them, and that will make it look even better. I've never liked the look of railroad ties, but to each his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.