Hold up right there Sparky!

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
This weekend we worked at my house Saturday and our painters even showed up! My house is getting the the point of looking too good to sell, but the guy up the street is "coming soon" at 3 times what I paid for my home! Yeah, this is an easy decision.

Then we came back to the Nook for Sat night and yesterday. I changed the oil in Kerrys car, hauled 60 bags of 2 buck mulch tax-free from Delaware(Kerry unloaded and spread) and wanted to feed my lawn....

As I walked out of the older shed with my green sprayer, the deer came out of the woods to my left, I said good morning and moved to the house to load my sprayer. Apparently Ms. Deer and her baby(still in the woods) weren't having any part of this plan so she just plopped down right next to the new shed! She didn't move till the rest of the yard was complete and I began getting real close to them. I saved her corner for last.....respect.

(open in new tab, then + to see!)

Foiled again! I thought this was the funniest thing!

Honestly, I'm not entirely sure that this was just "coincidence" .....

d1.JPG
It's neat to live in a place where the animals don't fear being hurt by people.

DoubleD1996!

Memphis
This weekend we worked at my house Saturday and our painters even showed up! My house is getting the the point of looking too good to sell, but the guy up the street is "coming soon" at 3 times what I paid for my home! Yeah, this is an easy decision.

Then we came back to the Nook for Sat night and yesterday. I changed the oil in Kerrys car, hauled 60 bags of 2 buck mulch tax-free from Delaware(Kerry unloaded and spread) and wanted to feed my lawn....

As I walked out of the older shed with my green sprayer, the deer came out of the woods to my left, I said good morning and moved to the house to load my sprayer. Apparently Ms. Deer and her baby(still in the woods) weren't having any part of this plan so she just plopped down right next to the new shed! She didn't move till the rest of the yard was complete and I began getting real close to them. I saved her corner for last.....respect.

(open in new tab, then + to see!)

Foiled again! I thought this was the funniest thing!

Honestly, I'm not entirely sure that this was just "coincidence" .....

View attachment 369316
It's neat to live in a place where the animals don't fear being hurt by people.
So cool. Guess they wanted to see you off.

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Maybe the people before would feed them and she is letting you know....feed us

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Maybe the people before would feed them and she is letting you know....feed us
We have been there 4 yrs now....one large Doe watched her move in all day long, then left in the evening. We don't feed them but I do put out a salt rock for them. Our neighbor behind us and across the gorge may be feeding them however....we saw a group on his lower lawn right after he spread something from a large yellow bag! LOL

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
We have been there 4 yrs now....one large Doe watched her move in all day long, then left in the evening. We don't feed them but I do put out a salt rock for them. Our neighbor behind us and across the gorge may be feeding them however....we saw a group on his lower lawn right after he spread something from a large yellow bag! LOL
Maybe they had food coma🤣