Hello everyone!

Specialkisstal

Location (City and/or State)
High Desert, California
Hello everyone my name is Crystal and I am the owner of an 8 year old Mojave Desert Toroise named Mrytle. I've only had her for about 4 months, her original owner moved out of state and so I acquired her. Yay for me! Myrtle is small for her age due to being in too small of an enclosure, so I've upgraded her amenities. She is OCD and doesn't not like change, if her water bowl is even a little bit out of place she moves it back while staring at you with squinted eyes. She also likes to sleep in her food, I figure she's either guarding it or it makes a rather plush pillow. Im excited to be apart of the forum and look forward to sharing stories and pictures with everyone. Here's Mrytle sleeping in her food. image.jpeg

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi Crystal and welcome to you and Myrtle - beautiful photo!!! Made me smile!!
You're right torts definitely are creatures of habit, :D, and so glad you have been able to give her a better home.
You may find a caresheet for your tort under Species specific if you need any tips , and some other useful threads are The Beginners Mistakes for avoiding problems encountered by others (link below) and the Enclosures thread for good ideas if you need inspiration. You'll find lots of other good info as you find your way around and there's always someone here to answer questions.
Will look forward to seeing more wonderful pics of Myrtle. Best wishes.

Specialkisstal

High Desert, California
Thank you so much I will definitely check it out. There are so many websites and they are all inconsistent with each other, which makes it confusing. I'm lucky a friend of mine is a vet so I've gotten some help.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Thank you so much I will definitely check it out. There are so many websites and they are all inconsistent with each other, which makes it confusing. I'm lucky a friend of mine is a vet so I've gotten some help.
Yes it is confusing - lots of old, out of date info out there. Thankfully there are keepers with many years of experience here who have been involved in research and are happy to share their tried and tested methods with us. I would be lost without this site!!.
How fantastic to have vet handy!!

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
Hi and welcome Crystal and Myrtle !
t2020.gif