Another swollen eye thread

EppsDynasty

Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Canebrake Ca
So I posted that and thought about it and wanted to say
I am not blaming you but instead pointing out for any future readers the importance of making changes NOW. I hope you do not take it the wrong way.

Shelly&Poseidon

CA
So I posted that and thought about it and wanted to say
I am not blaming you but instead pointing out for any future readers the importance of making changes NOW. I hope you do not take it the wrong way.
I read and watched a ton of videos on setup and care so I thought I had everything as it should be. But I dont think it was environmental being the other tort is doing great. Walks around the cage and is constantly trying to climb the one large rock and flipping himself over.. :)

Shelly's limbs are stiff and eyes look deep and hollow. I thought Shell was getting better since he was opening his eyes more. :(

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
I feel so very sorry for Shelly. I, too, was glad to hear that her eyes opened. My sincere condolences...

And once more, please, don't blame yourself. The environment can have some flaws, but nothing fatal. Likely it was the situation described in this post (https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/hatchling-failure-syndrome.23493/) augmented with stress of keeping them in pair (and that's not your mistake as well, it was just the misinformation you've been told somewhere).

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I read and watched a ton of videos on setup and care so I thought I had everything as it should be. But I dont think it was environmental being the other tort is doing great. Walks around the cage and is constantly trying to climb the one large rock and flipping himself over.. :)

Shelly's limbs are stiff and eyes look deep and hollow. I thought Shell was getting better since he was opening his eyes more. :(
If the info you got wasn't on here in the beginning, it was wrong. That's obvious in everything that needed changing. Not saying your fault, but it sure did have some to do with it's care, the bad care info you got from the places you searched. We don't have many, if any, care videos, so you didn't get your info from the right source. You did what you thought was right, cuz you didn't know the info you followed was wrong. Unfortunately we see this a lot. If we could get to you sooner, before you get the bad info, we sure would. Unfortunately we don't get to everyone in time.
Follow the info on this forum and hopefully your other one will thrive