An outdoor enclosure for little hermanns

Briony Wright

I have two female hermanns who are 2 and 3, they have lots of energy, big appetites and are very adventurous.

They love my garden but they can never stay out for long as we can't keep track of them both! (I live in England so it's nice to get them out in the sun while we have it).

We are planning on building them a run to fit their needs for this summer but I need some advice on how to do some bit and on what would be good to include.

I have one that loves digging and likes sitting in her food and water bowls. The other is very smart and has worked out how to get out of her current run, however she's also in a bit of a flipping phase so I need to avoid that as much as possible!

I want to make it interesting with plants and different things to keep them entertained. They are just like toddlers in energy levels so were aiming to make it pretty big for them, the more ideas the better!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
We have a section in the 'enclosures' part of the forum where Jacqui has been compiling lots of pictures of habitats for our perusal.

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/ideas-for-outdoor-enclosures.65797/

474158gy04azrh2x.gif